Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dating

For whatever reason, people I break up with don't seem to understand that I don't want to date them anymore.. I don't understand why, because I'm pretty explicitly clear with all of them that we're breaking up. Then we both do our own thing for a while, and eventually we start talking again. I don't mind talking to people I've broken up with. I don't dislike them, it just wasn't working out dating-wise. I'm perfectly fine being friends with said people, but after a little while of talking to me they get all "LOL, Jamie you're the coolest person I've dated in a while and I really kind of want to date you again". But... No...

I don't want to be a jerk, I don't enjoy letting these people down. But I don't pussy foot around it either. I'm very clear with them that I like being friends with them, and that I don't want to date them again because it didn't work out the first time. So it's not as though they're getting mixed signals from me.

Sometimes they ask if we can be "friends with benefits" and I agree to that, but long before anything ever happens they pull a bait and switch of sorts on me and get all "Well really if we're friends and you want to make out, we may as well just date again."

Guys, I don't want to date you. I'm just a whore. Sorry..

No comments:

Post a Comment