Monday, March 2, 2015

Dumdeas: Why I think same-sex marriage supports Christianity

... I have the tendency to think "offensive things" from time to time; but really, I believe that in order for me to truly mitigate differences between people, honest perceptions need to be expressed. I'm open to the idea that I will indeed always be 'wrong' about things, or at the least, am susceptible to being elicit and could always learn more.

Being "politically correct" is a fallacious pretense of many. I hate the arrogance that I have to deal with in the collegiate environment sometimes...

Anyway, that's my disclaimer. I'm dumb. I don't live in other people's shoes. These are mine; let's trade for a moment,  capische?


So anyway, this week the ban on gay marriage was obliterated in Pennsylvania. If you're normal, you probably heard that on Twitter or pretty much anywhere else on the web.

Obviously approval rates will always be mixed although it's usually the older generations of people keeping it 50/50, factoring in this society's tendency to yearn for progress *insert liberal ideologue here blah blah.*

So, I guess I was the first one to make this known to my father this morning. Two women were hugging each other on the Philadelphia Inquirer's front cover. My dad asked; I said something shallow along the lines of, "Hey, at least they're pretty lesbians. That's better than dykes, right?" He reluctantly agreed.

It came up again later in the evening. 

My father suggested we go out to dinner for the holiday, and I agreed only because I'm trying to watch my weight even though the only food in my house is seriously doughnuts and ice cream. I also have become generally more appreciative of my life and family lately. Bizarrely. Our female server had a more "trendy" close-crop hairstyle. The whole gay conversation came up again:

"You know, dad, being against gay marriage isn't going to make homosexuals go away. They're here to stay. They're citizens. They're forever cause they envelop this country; the law is amendable however. Hating them serves no justice. You have the option to be ignorant or get over it at this point. "

He always makes the point that it's a shame because "kids need a father figure." He doesn't think god gave women vaginas and men penises for them to loaf. That's pretty biased considering he's procreated four times.

It's a valid point though. The God argument. 

This God argument has been around for every group ever discriminated against. Blacks were once accused of having slightly bent kneecaps that justified them as slaves. Women were delusional due to their crazy hormones, making them incapable of doing almost anything. Immigrants-- some were sent back to where they came from because their dicks were actually not big enough. 

Gay people sometimes don't have a penis, or have too many penises to gain equal couple rights. These natural "deformities"  made them inept. I think that they're just as crucial in life as anyone else though.  God made them for a reason. 

  1.  Homosexuality supports Pro-Life charities. 

----- UPDATE 2015--- FOUND THIS DRAFT. Wow, this is so dumb. I'm not even going to continue it, but hey, I think this is reflective of my manipulation skills and also of how cool gay people are. Okay byyeeeeee!  Enjooiii

No comments:

Post a Comment